i will continue to advocate for regular inbox jubilees


And of course everyone is just like “bah SOC2 or gtfo”


While it will just sit on my desk 95% of the time, the other 5%, the laptop form-factor is pretty crucial. Unfortunately. I really would love a machine that never has to thermally throttle.


yeah. :\

I expect ISO 27001:2013 certification is to blame.

I’m hoping to get a work machine upgrade to the new Mac arch, but I think that’ll depend on if all the “security” stuff has its act together to work with the new arch. Nothing like getting a dev machine and then having to handicap it with antivirus and crud. 😔

Strongbox is also available for outright purchase for $50 USD: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/strongbox-pro/id1481853033



Now that’s a neat piece of work - removing the Python GIL [lwn.net] while improving performance of single-threaded programs,

wrt “designed to be used”, how would you sum that up for postgres vs mysql and sqlserver?